Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review of Sedona Super 8 Motel and Have you ever Mystery Shopped?????

I was recently invited to do a mystery shop at the Super 8 Motel in Sedona. I had never done a mystery shop before, and din't really know what to expect. They had me download a TON of paperwork (checklists, expense forms etc. ) EEK! I thought. This is going to be overwhelming. I was wrong.
    I called and made the reservation and was so excited to get away from the heat in the valley for a day! Plus, my love is starting law school in a couple weeks, so opportunities to do things together are going to shrink a lot! The receptionist was very warm and inviting and confirmed all of our details. I am told we can call the morning of our arrival and see about getting an early check-in. SO Sunday a.m rolls around and I'm on the horn at 9 am asking about it! I was told that a room will be available around 12 o' clock. So Steven and I pile in the car and make the trek to Sedona.
    The motel was incredibly easy to find. We arrived at about 12:20. Upon check-in we were presented with a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view!! AWESOME!! (Pic quality not so good!) IT was cloudy and perfect! Our room was well apopinted with a mini fridge and microwave! It was clean, the bed was soooooo comfy and we had a great view.
    We decided to go to the pool and try to catch some rays. The pool was rather small but it was uncrowded and very nice! Afterwards, we went to The Blue Goose Cafe. It was at the motel. If your thinking what I was it's "Ummmm.... Super 8 restaurant. Ew." We had purchased a certificate from restaurant.com to save some money. Upon walking in, we were pretty shocked. It was a pretty fancy place!!! I had chicken piccata which was delicious and Steven had fettuccini alfredo which was equally great. Our total bill for both entrees and an appetizer of onion rings (lol) and quite a few adult beverages was only 27 DOLLARS!
    We headed back to the room and played some monopoly, watched some t.v and had a great night's sleep. The check out process was smooth and easy and we made it home with plenty of time for me to submit my checklist. All in all our stay at the Sedona Super 8 was a great one, and with reasonable prices (89.00) for a king room, we'll probably head back some time.  We will be reimbursed our hotel expenses and paid an additional 20 dollars via Paypal in the next few weeks.

If YOU are interested in doing some hotel shops, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment