Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Guest Post By Sheryl @ Cents'able Shoppin!



I'm still enjoying life in Palm Springs, we've been hanging at the pool, outlet shopping, and tomorrow, we are finally golfing. Wish me luck! Enjoy this special recipe from Sheryl @ Cents'able Shoppin!

So a few months ago…..I got a great deal on Jimmy Dean Sausage......now, I'm swimming in tons of sausage......ha ha :) I really am, I emptied out my freezer today and geesh, I have tons. Still months later? TONS. UG!




So what to do with all of it? I have a great recipe that I use to make Sausage Rolls!



As a young child, my mom (who is from Great Britain) used to make these all the time. Yummy - seriously, I could gobble down a whole tray. And they're fool proof. Sadly enough, I don't use recipes, so I'm going to tell you how to make them sans recipe!





1 Box of Puff Pastry (see picture above) - about 3-4 bucks at the store in the freezer area

1 Roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage (any)



Thaw out the Puff Pastry by letting it sit on the counter for 20 min or so. The Puff Pastry will have 2 sheets, each sheet is in thirds ~ so unfold one sheet, and take your sausage, and make a line of sausage down the middle of each of the 3 sections - maybe 1/2 in wide? Not too thick...Then, take a knife and cut down each pastry sheet to separate the 3 sections. Fold each section over the sausage, and then use a knife and egg white to seal the edges ~



You'll have 3 long tube-looking pieces that you'll just cut 2-3 inch pieces out of (see picture far top). Lay them on a foiled cookie-sheet, and put in the oven on about 350 for oh...I'd say about 20 min? Until lightly browned at least.



Then take out, cool for a bit, and enjoy! Yummy!!! My mom used to make these all the time, we'd totally gobble them up!!!!! If you don't eat them all, just throw in a ziploc baggie and stick in the fridge. They're even good cold (but then, I'm not picky really...I'll eat anything as long as it's food!)

No comments:

Post a Comment